Are your kids interested in taking on a new physical challenge in a non-competitive atmosphere? This may be the opportunity for them! Cornell Outdoor Education offers both private and group climbing programs.
Groups of 1-4 people are considered Private Climbing Instruction (PCI). These programs are run during open climbing hours.
Groups of more than 4 people are run outside of regular climbing hours. To find out the times available, please contact the Special Programs Coordinator at 607-254-1357 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum two-hour lesson:
This fee includes instructor salary, wall day pass, rock shoes, rope, harness, helmet, and belay kit.
- $25/hour for one person, $20/hour each for two to four people.
- Groups of 5-20: $17/participant/hour.
- Groups of 21-30: $14/participant/hour.
- Groups of 31-40: $12/participant/hour.
Sign Me Up!
Note: All new Wall users must watch a 10-minute orientation video and sign a legal release prior to their lesson.
- Contact our Special Programs Coordinator at 607-254-1357 or email@example.com to schedule your private or group lesson.
- Meet your instructor at the arranged time at the Philips Outdoor Program Center (B01 Bartels Hall). If you have never climbed at the Lindseth Climbing Wall, new users must watch a 10-minute orientation video and sign a legal release prior to their lesson.